Our very valued drama facilitator Jed Murray trained with ArtsTrain… In our experience the training has provided us with facilitators of a very high standard and we believe it is the main reason we have enjoyed a good and loyal membership.
Lorraine O’Brien, Boolabus Youth Theatre
ArtsTrain provides training in drama facilitation and youth arts, and trainees develop an understanding of good youth theatre practice.
About the course
ArtsTrain is a full-time course and runs throughout the year. It is delivered by NAYD as a second provider contracted by Solas Training Services. Participants who are eligible will receive a weekly training allowance equivalent to a social welfare payment.
The learning takes place in a workshop context, through the trainees’ active participation, observation, dialogue and analysis. As part of the programme participants undertake a range of modules including creating drama, drama facilitation theory and practice and improvisation. The training is delivered at FETAC level 6 and successful trainees will achieve a FETAC Major Award in Drama.
How To Apply
The current course will run until November 2015. For more information on the next course, please contact John on 01-8781301 or by email.
Former Participants of ArtsTrain are now:
- employed as youth theatre directors/leaders
- facilitating a wide range of groups including youth drama, community and adult drama groups
- facilitating drama in both primary and secondary schools
- studying Theatre and Drama at Higher Diploma and Degree level
- working on international projects
- employed as Arts Administrators by Local Authorities and other organisations
- employed in the broader youth work sector
To be taught by remarkable individuals, who devote so much energy and wisdom to their work, had a tremendous impact on me as an individual and as a facilitator.
I have never been on a course where there was so much support, interest, motivation and feedback from the tutors as was shown to me as a participant of ArtsTrain.