Our very valued drama facilitator Jed Murray trained with ArtsTrain… In our experience the training has provided us with facilitators of a very high standard and we believe it is the main reason we have enjoyed a good and loyal membership.
Lorraine O’Brien, Boolabus Youth Theatre
ArtsTrain provides training in drama facilitation and youth arts, and trainees develop an understanding of good youth theatre practice.
About the course
The learning takes place in a workshop context, through the trainees’ active participation, observation, dialogue and analysis. Other skills explored are leadership, intuition, people skills, communication, imagination, planning and organisation.
Two specific modules are delivered:
- Drama Facilitation Methodologies (FETAC level 6)
- Drama Facilitation Practice (FETAC level 6)
As part of the course work, participants deliver workshops to their peers as well as to youth theatre groups and demonstrate their understanding of the material through essays and a written project.
ArtsTrain is a full-time course and runs throughout the year. Training begins in late September. It is funded through the FÁS Local Training Initiative. Participants in receipt of Jobseeker’s payment may qualify for a training allowance.
How To Apply
For information on how to apply contact ArtsTrain by email or phone 01 878 1301.
Former Participants of ArtsTrain are now:
- employed as youth theatre directors/leaders
- facilitating a wide range of groups including youth drama, community and adult drama groups
- facilitating drama in both primary and secondary schools
- studying Theatre and Drama at Higher Diploma and Degree level
- working on international projects
- employed as Arts Administrators by Local Authorities and other organisations
- employed in the broader youth work sector
To be taught by remarkable individuals, who devote so much energy and wisdom to their work, had a tremendous impact on me as an individual and as a facilitator.
I have never been on a course where there was so much support, interest, motivation and feedback from the tutors as was shown to me as a participant of ArtsTrain.